Sunday, May 08, 2005

Reconnecting

Yesterday I hung out with my friend Nicci and her husband Chris. I knew Nicci back in Nebraska and she was making her first appearance in NYC.

I had met Chris momentarily a couple of years ago...not even long enough to make an impression. Although I don't know his exact title, he works in some capacity with the Air Force. It is so awesome when you spend time with someone who, on the surface, you have very little in common with but you still have a great interaction . Chris, I discovered, has a quality that is increasingly rare these days...he is "decent". I know that sounds like an underwhelming compliment, but as anyone who works in customer service will tell you there are tons of petty, rude, oblivious people out there.

As for Nicci, it was wonderful spending a couple of hours with her. Our conversation had a great balance between delightful nostalgia and delightful current topics in our lives. Her sense of humor just blows me away...she can literally make me cackle.

No comments: