Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Silent Lucidity



Although I thought I had acheived it in the past, last night I definitely had a lucid dream.

As with most of my dreams (and most of my waking life for that matter) I was running furiously from the demons that were about to attack and eviserate me. When inches away from certain death I consciously thought "Well this is just a dream anyway...why don't I just fly up to the roof and get away". It is impossible to describe the sensation of willing oneself to fly in dreamland. It was simultaneously difficult and easy...Perhaps the difficulty came from never having to really think about how to go about it in a literal sense. So, basically I just "decided" to flap my arms like a birds wings...and voila!

The lucidity probably lasted only about 3 or 4 minutes, but it is an experience that I will not allow myself to forget.

No comments: