Monday, March 21, 2005

Robot Rock

...So I have been talking with everyone about the new song "Robot Rock" by Daft Punk. The song is so ridiculously simple, memorable, catchy it is, in short, amazing. From the moment I first played the song on my ipod I was hooked.

When I first moved to NYC I was enamoured with the anonymous nature of the city. It was a revelation to walk down the street with my headphones on, music blasting and not give a shit about what others thought about my rhythmic walking/gyrations...I was in my zone.

Slowly over the years I went more and more "in my head". Few could probably tell that I was listening to an amazing house track on my headphones...my movements became less obvious...my walking down the street (although still at a brisk pace) became more "normal". I was no longer dancing in the street.

That is the great thing about "Robot Rock"...it is impossible for me to be walking with my ipod and not break out some moves. People look. People stare. People mock. But it is so wonderful not to give a shit. I am back in my zone.

No comments: