Wednesday, March 23, 2005

101 Things About Me...

I totally stole this idea from Miss Ana Gallo, so here goes... 101 things about me:

1. I am an aquarius
2. I have worn glasses since mid junior high, then got contacts my first year in college.
3. I can recite the lyrics to every song on Public Enemy's "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back"
4. I have never seen "Citizen Kane"
5. If pressed, I would say that my favorite book is "A Confederacy Of Dunces"
6. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people wear sunglasses indoors or at night.
7. I spend too much time memorizing dialogue from "Arrested Development" and "Strangers With Candy"
8. I have been in 33 of the 50 states in the country.
9. As a lad I had a shrine to Julius "Dr. J" Erving
10. I plan on living in New York City the rest of my life.
11. I have the mouth of a trucker...or a sailor...whichever "swears" more.
12. I was in the 7th grade the first time I ever got drunk... my friends were smoking pot in 6th grade...late bloomer.
13. I do not take photos while on vacation.
14. I subscribe to the phrase..."Good artists imitate, great artists steal"
15. I must have access to a Pilot Precise Extra Fine pen at all times...part of my OCD
16. I know nothing about wine.
17. I cannot stand John Travolta.
18. In high school I worked on Helen Boosalis's failed bid to become Nebraska's 1st female governor.
19. My official drag name is Chaka DaNeu
20. I use the word "awesome" way too frequently.
21. Regrettably, I let relationships suffer due to my lack of communication.
22. I only wear Comme des Garcons fragrances.
23. If I could be any TV character I would be James Garner as Jim Rockford in "The Rockford Files"
24. Therapists have said I have "safety issues"
25. Like the idea that something can be so unfunny that it is funny...I believe something can be so unsexy that it becomes sexy.
26. At age 18 I thought I wanted to be a lawyer.
27. As a child I mistakenly thought the word "ass" referred to penises...this might explain some of my sexual behavior.
28. I cannot wait until all of my hair turns gray...I pray it looks pure white like my dad's does.
29. I have a ridiculous sweet tooth...I must have at least one sugar rush per day.
30. In college my friend Lisa paid me $50 to write a term paper for her...it was on Yugoslavian leader Josip Tito (so I probably would have done it for free...)
31. I like to get my "work" done before I "play"...I hate having things or tasks hanging over my head.
32. I believe I am polite...others may not see this in my behavior
33. I have a one inch scar on my left foot from where a bicycle gear cut me as a youth.
34. In ninth grade I was named "Best Dressed Male"...this tells you something about my competition.
35. I would be perfectly happy if my last meal on this planet were a baguette with brie from Ceci-Cela.

36. When I sleep at night I can't allow my knees or ankles to touch...for some reason it freaks me out.
37. As a child I was repulsed by taking a pill in capsule form.
38. In ninth grade my parents drove me and friends Todd, Jim, and Bryan to Hastings Nebraska for a Thompson Twins concert
39. When I was a kid my favorite food was Swanson's Chicken Pot Pie.
40. I usually have one fiction and one non-fiction book that I read concurrently.
41. I have never been to an opera.
42. When I was 15 my brother Paul and I motorcycled from Nebraska to California on his Honda GoldWing
43. Although I hate weather extremes, I would rather be it be "too hot" than "too cold"
44. My first concert experience was Hall&Oates in 1981.
45. I have had a 5 minute conversation with Gwyneth Paltrow.
46. If forced to choose, I would say my favorite visual artist of all time is Ellsworth Kelly.
47. The only car I have owned was a red Honda Civic SI.
48. I always overtip.
49. I got my first pair of Vans in 8th grade...I have had at least 50 pairs since.
50. I have a pre-emptive cure for hangovers that involves eating a Big Mac made with Veggie burgers.
51. I want to be cremated...after I die.
52. From 1982 to 1993 I watched "As The World Turns" pretty much everyday...still see the "stars" on the streets of NYC.
53. My least favorite household chore is doing laundry.
54. 99% of the time I say "bless you" when someone sneezes.
55. In general I am an optimist.
56. In 5th grade I played saxophone, but had no discipline as far as practicing went so I gave it up.
57. I am going to live to be 93 years old.
58. I was raised in the Disciples of Christ church.
59. When stressed my "mantra" is "The Universe is challenging you AND taking care of you".
60. I am horribly addicted to caffeine.
61. I am learning that simple pleasures are the best.
62. I go back and forth between being an introvert and an extrovert.
63. Although I wouldn't say I was scared of them, I don't like touching snakes or lizards.
64. If I am in a "funk" a haircut always makes me feel better.
65. I would love to go skydiving.
66. I am often a "smart-ass"
67. I see one or two movies a year in the theater.
68. I cannot live without the New York Times and The New Yorker.
69. I never leave the house without my iPod.
70. I love making soup in the fall and winter.
71. I am in a perpetual battle with cynicism.
72. I have never been outside the United States.
73. I love fog.
74. I am registered as an independent...if I had to define my political beliefs it would be Libertarian.
75. I love when people tell me about dreams in which I make an appearance.
76. I have the most energy in the morning and late at night.
77. I have a pretty good sense of humor about myself.
78. I am sentimental about the past.
79. If I could have a pet, it would be a Shiba Inu.
80. I spend too much time concerned about my appearance.
81. I am afraid of mediocrity.
82. I always have some food immediately after I get out of bed in the morning.
83. I worry about having enough money for retirement.
84. My favorite number is 6.
85. I was overweight as a child.
86. The first broadway show I saw was "A Chorus Line" in 1987.
87. I took a career aptitude test in high school that revealed that I should train to become an elevator repairman.
88. I still miss Sundays at "Body&Soul"
89. My dream dinner party would have John Waters, Fran Lebowitz, and Amy Sedaris as guests of honor.
90. I have never had a broken bone.
91. I will cry if The Simpsons ever goes off the air.
92. I love watching fireworks from my rooftop.
93. I am trying to force myself to dress like an adult.
94. I give people "the benefit of the doubt" in most situations.
95. I am not superstitious...but I believe in "signs" or "omens"
96. I became more patriotic after 9/11 and less patriotic after 11/2/2004.
97. I am a closet exhibitionist.
98. I eat guacamole at least 4 times per week.
99. I hold grudges.
100. I always have to have an event or activity to look forward to.
101. One of my greatest strengths is my curiousity.













4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts M thew. I was looking for skydive related information and found your blog. I have a skydive site. You'll find info on skydiving gear, equipment, drop zones, powered parachutes, tandem sky diving, base jumping and more! Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog you've got here M thew, I was looking for skydiving gear related information and found your site. I have a skydiving gear site. You'll find info on skydiving gear, equipment, drop zones, powered parachutes, tandem sky diving, base jumping and more! Stop by and check it out when you can. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog you've got here M thew, I was looking for base jumping related information and found your site. I have a base jumping site. You'll find info on skydiving gear, equipment, drop zones, powered parachutes, tandem sky diving, base jumping and more! Stop by and check it out when you can. Enjoy!
If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.

Anonymous said...

Hi M thew, very unique blog you have! I was looking for skydiving equipment related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a skydiving equipment site. You'll find info on skydiving gear, equipment, drop zones, powered parachutes, tandem sky diving, base jumping and more! Please visit and enjoy!
If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.