Friday, March 25, 2005

My Andy

Last night my friend Thomas connected us with seats at a reading for a new play called "My Andy". It was kind of biography of Andy Warhol told through the eyes of his mother. Kathleen Chalfant played Julia Warhola and she was absolutely amazing. Having never seen her before, she is one of those performers who I can say going forward I will want to see her in any production she is associated with.

The play itself was very very good. It was a new and humanizing perspective on a figure that I have been pretty burnt out on for years.

Village Voice columnist/ Disco historian Vince Aletti was in the audience and I was tempted to sucker-punch him and demand that he tell me legendary stories about the Gallery, the Loft, and Paradise Garage.

1 comment:

necilda_s said...

Hi,

My name is Necilda. I live in Brazil. I don´t speak English, but I try.

By.