Sunday, April 15, 2007

Relaxing After The Perfect Storm

Due to work commitments I have only had the opportunity to write on the weekends...unfortunately I had to take Saturday off from writing just to chill the F out.

This week was a Perfect Storm of stressors. Thanks to a situation too unnecessarily complex to explain to the uninterested layperson we have been crazy busy at work. I have struggled to keep my head above water...considering the challenges I faced I think I did a pretty good job. That being said I still had some people on the sidelines question my methods. I had to shed my nice-guy mask and totally "shut 'em down". I hate to be a bad-ass and put people in their place, but if pushed I will not hesitate.

Sometimes I feel guilty because, while they have earned my wrath, I totally come out swinging and will be relentless until I destroy them. I have often told my employees that if they treat me with respect I will take a bullet for them...but if they come at me wrong I will be merciless in crushing them. It may not be today or tomorrow but the day of reckoning will come.

Last week I sent out a company-wide e-mail praising a co-worker in a different department. This week that same co-worker attempted to "confront" me because I did not "sugar-coat" some words I had with an employee that reports to him...now I am required by my own twisted standard of conduct to destroy him...

No comments: