Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What Have I Done To Deserve This...

Like most people I appreciate positive input regardless of the source. One place I look for such input is horoscope columns. Yeah, yeah, I know they are usually so general that they could apply to any person or situation. I do not care as I will take a positive jolt regardless.

Rob Brezny's Freewill Astrology stands head and shoulders above any other column. It does so not because of it's accuracy for predicting the future but because, as Mr. Brezny has said in previous interviews, his horoscopes are a vehicle for injecting poetry into otherwise poetry-deprived lives. In addition they are always extremely positive, funny and empowering.

Last night, like a lot of nights lately, I have not been able to sleep. I inevitably wake around 3:30-ish and toss and turn for hours. I fight the temptation to just get up and watch TV or engage in any other bright diversion. After about an hour and a half of sleeplessness I gave up and said I might as well just get on my computer....anything to take my mind off of not being able to slumber.

So I decide to visit the aforementioned Freewill Astrology and this is what I am greeted with as a forecast for the new week:

German scientist Juergen Zulley specializes in research about the hours we spend unconscious lying in our beds every night. He has come to the conclusion that a lack of sleep can make you stupid, fat, and sick. It weakens your memory, decreases a hormone that helps control your cravings for food, and undermines the healthy function of your heart, digestive system, and circulation. I would add that sleep deprivation reduces the time you spend dreaming, which compromises your mental hygiene. All of these consequences would be major problems for you in the next two weeks, Aquarius. If anything, you need to sleep more than usual. I implore you to get at least eight hours a night. More would be better
How cruel can the Universe be...

No comments: