Monday, May 19, 2008

Resignation At The Ultra Vivid Scene

Last night I had Part II of a nightmare that I first had several months ago... All the usual dream-reciting caveats apply (which basically sum as "you had to be there")

The gist of the nightmare was that I had to navigate these lush green suburban neighborhoods in order to escape packs of rabid pitbulls. The dogs all had disfigured faces as if they had been in countless scuffles (and won). The dogs were absolutely vicious and the assumption was that if caught, you would be ruthlessly ripped to shreds.

After what seemed like perpetual escapes from the dogs, I came to a point where I concluded that if their attack on me was inevitable, I might as well just get it over with. From that point on I would come in contact with the dogs and they would growl and generally frighten the Hellz out of me, but they did not really seem interested in destroying me...basically we came to a place of peaceful coexistence.

I was relieved that the stress I had manifested did not go away, but was kept at bay.

No comments: