Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fronthanded Compliment

As a way of relieving the pressure within the work environment, myself and a couple of select co-workers have developed a game we play late in the afternoon. Basically, we pretended to be pissed off at each other and we come up with completely comically miniscule flaws in the other person.

For example the other day I was ranting about how some of the younger employees knew nothing about popular music...and why was I burdened with the responsibility of educating them about the significance of The Jets or even DeBarge.

Of course I take my rants and turn them into performance pieces that eventually force those within earshot to assume I have lost my mind, am retarded or both.

After this pop culture diatribe, a co-worker said to me "I tell my friends stories about you and they don't believe me...some of them don't believe you exist, that I am making you up"

This is the calibre of compliment that absolutely warms my heart...or maybe they are right and I don't exist.

No comments: