Sunday, June 17, 2007

Where Brooklyn At?

Saturday I travelled to Brooklyn twice in one day. A new acheivement for me.

First I headed out to Ana and Michael's garden wedding. Despite a brief rain shower it was an absolutely awesome affair.

There was a great vibe amongst the guests. Everything was simple, beautiful and charming. Ana looked completely radiant and there was a joy in Michael's eyes that was palpable.

Got to hang a bit with Jemal which had not happened in years.

The food was amazing and the wine was flowing. Somehow I got the brilliant idea to do shots of aguardiente. The Colombians in attendance were telling me that the liquer would "cure what ails me" but, I would have a devastating hangover. Sounds like a great deal to me...

After a train ride back in to Manhattan, I showered then hopped a different train to get out to Jameson's BBQ. Had Notorious B.I.G's greatest hits on the iPod as I travelled to Williamsburg.

All the usual suspects were there, and again I was treated to undeniably delicious food...when are these people going to become my personal chefs.

Jameson revealled his latest artwork which we we call a "site-specific" piece involving the manipulation of bags of garbage from his next door neighbors. We are so on the same artistic wavelength it boggles the mind.

No comments: