Sunday, October 22, 2006

Alternate Realities Are Also Good

The other day I received an autumn/halloween/thanksgiving greeting card from my Aunt Shirley in Nebraska. I believe she has always had a poetic streak in her and it really comes alive in topics close to her heart.

In this particular card she describes what is going on while she is writing the card to me. She describes the smell of the pot roast she has put in the oven, the look of the grains being harvested outside her window and the work being done by her husband and grown sun.

She describes a world that is completely different from my day-to-day existence. It is a world that through her talent makes me wish was my world.

Although I know that "the grass is always greener..." sometimes I wonder if a "simpler" life away from all the "sophistication" of life in New York truly is better.

No comments: