Sunday, October 29, 2006

My Nonsense Makes Sense To Me...

After a delightful late night meal at Rosa Mexicana, I came home, chilled out for a few minutes, then went directly to bed.

Even though it was late, the extra hour of sleep afforded due to the end of Daylight Savings Time allowed for a pressure-free descent in to peaceful slumber. My mantra for the evening was more of a promise to myself...."I Will Never Stop Believing In Magic" I repeated over and over in my head.

On the recommendation of my friend Andrew I had watched "Amelie" earlier in the evening. Perhaps it was the movie that put the topic of everyday magic in my head. I love the idea of creating the beauty you want to experience simply by willing it to happen and then doing small, but deliberate acts to make it happen.

Like a lot of people, I sometimes get delusional and think Happiness is a destination. If I just earned more money, had a better body, had a master's degree, etc. etc. THEN I would be happy. Needless to say that is fantasy.

Actual happiness comes from the "small moments" in life when everything is in "sync". ..when you are open to the beauty of the Universe and allow it to come into your life.


No comments: