Wednesday, November 23, 2005

All I Want...

Stopped by Deitch today to see this show.

Jim Drain and Ara Peterson are a couple of the founding members of Forcefield, so basically I knew I was going to be slobbering over the artwork before I even entered the door.

Needless to say I was not disappointed. The show had movement, color and simplicity which when you boil it down is all I really want from a work of art.

While being extraordinary simple, the stuff on display was obviously put together by people who knew exactly how to pare down the vision in their minds-eye to the simplest forms and then execute it. One of the great things about the show was the high production values and quality of the art work. It so refreshing to see young artists rebuke the idea that amateurishness is a sign of talent.

No comments: