Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Random Brightness

I was out running errands today. When I was about a block from my apartment building I look up and see my friend Timmy. Nothing strange about that, except for the fact that it had at least been 3 years since I had seen him.

That is one of the downsides of living in this city. It seems like it is too easy for relationships to drift apart. People are busy trying to make enough money to afford living here that human connections suffer...couple of missed dates...a few phonecalls go unreturned ...and then all of the sudden it has been years since you have talked to a friend.

While this is definitely the situation regarding me and Timmy, I am choosing to look at the bright side of the situation...the fact that within 4 seconds of making eye-contact with each other we were hugging and kissing and "carrying on" as if the 3 year absence had never happened...

No comments: