Tuesday, August 16, 2005

My Peace Of Heaven

I just woke up from one of the most gorgeous dreams.... Since I guess I have come to terms that you can never really truly describe a dream accurately...conveying the "feeling" you have while it is happening, I have decided that I will not drive myself crazy that the description below does not match what was in my head.

Basically, I was headed to a small town "Fourth of July" celebration. My Aunt Shirley was in charge of the celebration...which is not that different from real life. The small town was very desolate, but in a serene way. There was a large lesbian contingent that lived very peacefully with the "townies".

My Aunt Shirley "curated" the evening fireworks which were awesome because the exploding shells were not very "crisp"...the colors were very muted and sort of muddled around the edges...kind of like an aurora borealis. In addition, there were a lights on the ground that coordinated with the fireworks to create a very different look.

After the fireworks, there were these spontaneous parties that arose. You could just sort of walk around and come across these attitude-free parties.

As morning approached it got very quiet with just an occaisional Techno song playing. Everyone was talking about how Techno was going to make a come-back in America...and the songs playing were genuinely awesome. Diesel was sponsoring ads pushing Techno...but it was done very well.

Came across Silke and exchanged addresses...surrounded by a very good vibe.

The small town had built these "novelty buildings" specifically for the 4th of July celebration. One was a UFO...another was a dry-docked sailing ship. The UFO doubled as a 1970's cheesy-beautiful disco. It opened up and was completely silent which made sense since it was the end of the night, but everyone demanded that they start playing music...the music they started playing was this delicious deep deep deep house music...as I walked around further I came across Justin Timberlake sitting at a stool...he was bobbing his head and crying because the music was so beautiful...which it was.

Cain was pouring drinks behind the bar...it was so great because he was "working" the party but only because it was essential to the good vibe...not out of obligation or as if it were a job...

If I were to create a waking life soundtrack that would describe the feel of this dream it would definitely include KLF "Chill Out" and Beth Orton's "Daybreaker"

No comments: