Thursday, July 03, 2008

All This Brutal Beauty



As many of you know my taste in contemporary music runs the gamut from House to Deep House with occaisional forays into Deep Deep House. However a few months ago Laurent Garnier contributed an astounding mix to the Beats In Space series.

Amongst the tracks he included were a couple of devastating Drum&Bass tracks. Admittedly my knowlege of this electronic sub-genre is very limited, but these songs were unignorable in there power...

Somewhere I came across a stellar review of this compilation. Not being a huge D&B fan, I was unfamiliar with DJ/Producer Andy C.

Finally I tracked this mix down and let me say it is absolutely brutal in it's intensity. It is simultaneously perfect for walking down the street in a disgruntled mood and for when you desire some exhiliration in your life. Aurally, every button gets pushed....Not for the faint of heart or mind.

No comments: