Saturday, June 28, 2008

Remembrances Of Things Past-ish



A curious reader stimulates my insight regarding random ideas:

Describe the 90's with a color...

Originally I thought there would be two responses, one cultural and one personal. After careful examination of the data it turns out the color that describes the 90's is Silver.

On the personal side, silver is represented in my desire to get my hair that color. My colorist could never acheive the shimmery shade I wanted. Instead I had to find other ways to grow into my individuality...to learn how to make "statements" that broke me out of my introverted self.

Culturally, silver says "Space Age" and the 90's were a time when people began to believe in the future again. Primarily this is to due to the increased access to the internet. But also, technology as a whole became more prevalent in people's day-to-day lives.

No comments: