Thursday, December 22, 2005

Positive Energy Is The Real Glitter

After I had my knee surgery a little over two years ago, not only did I have to go to physical therapy, but I also had to get back into the gym. My knee injury kept me out of the gym for probably two or three months. Not only did I put on a few pounds, but I also got out of the habit of going to the gym.

After such a long absence, and not having 100% strength in my knee, it was tough to get motivated on a day-to-day basis. Improvements were very, very slow. However, I perservered and eventually redeveloped my near neurotic daily workout regimen. I wish I could chalk it up to my indomitable spirit, but at that point in my life...well, my spirit was pretty domitable.

I perpetually draw strength from the music in my life. During this recovery period my soundtrack was almost exclusively remixes by one performer...Miss Mariah Carey. This revelation may come as a shock to those who only know Mariah from her songs on the radio or the MTV or saw Glitter. To anyone who has heard her music mixed by legends like David Morales or Clivilles&Cole will not be surprised. The remixes are stellar and I swear I listened to nothing else during my post-surgery workouts.

While at the gym today "Anytime You Need A Friend" came on my iPod and it hit me that I needed to throw a little cosmic love Mariah's way. Without her talents, my recovery would not have been nearly as empowering as it was with her vocal companionship

No comments: