Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Out Of Leftfield And Hilarious

Lately I have been in the unfortunate habit of not having a real meal most of the day...just snacking throughout the day. By early evening I am famished and must devour a ton of food.

Today I decided my gorging would be a couple of delicious veggie hot dogs at Crif Dogs. The place is usually pretty loud, crowded and rockin'. Today, however, the restaurant was near empty and as I entered one song on the sound system was ending and there was a split-second pause before the next song began. Immediately after the new song began and I approached the counter, the woman behind the counter glanced up at me and without missing a beat exclaimed "Hey, it's YOUR song!"

The song that had just began was "Legs" by ZZ Top. I was almost in tears from laughing at the gorgeous absurdity of her completely off the cuff remark. It takes massive cojones to make a joke at the expense of a complete stranger and the subtle style with which she made her comment blew me away...trust me you don't get this sort of interaction at Wal-mart.

No comments: